Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Guest Post: Feminist Camp Day 1 by Miracle Davis

Feminist Camp Day 1



With day 1 of Feminist Camp coming to an end I just want to say I had so much fun today! Here are few pictures of how my day went. 


We started by going to VICE Magazine, Both Vice's online and magazine content has shifted from dealing mostly with independent arts and pop cultural matters to covering more serious news topics. While at VICE we got a sneak peak of WOMEN with Gloria Steinem which takes a look at the effects that incarcerated women have on the people around them. While at VICE we also took the time to fill out holiday cards for victims of sexual assault. 

Our next stop was to The Feminist Press. Feminist Press was founded by Florence Howe in 1970, it is an independent non- profit literary publisher that promotes freedom of expression and social justice. 

Lastly, my night ended with me stopping by Chirping Chicken on 77th and Amsterdam to grab a bite to eat, while there I was greeted and served by the owner Mike who sat and talked with me as I skinned my chicken down to the gristle lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment